Feeling like a bongga mom

I'm feeling very bongga today. Not frumpy like I feel when I drop Natalie off at school and see some of the chic, put-together moms. Not resigned like I feel when I see messes all around the house. Not tired like I feel at the end of the day after taking care of everyone but myself. No, I'm feeling hopeful and happy today. My spirits are up and there's a bounce in my step. Here's why:

1) The sun is shining and the air is warm. After all the grey skies and cold spells, we've been wondering whether we live in California or England! The sky right now reminds me of warm, lazy afternoons in Manila.

2) All three kids are at school today. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my errand days, when I can go grocery shopping, do the laundry, visit the dentist, deposit bank cheques, visit the hardward store without the kids, volunteer at Natalie's school. The days I can nip in and out of my car. Even better, T/Th are my "exhale" days, when I can get my hair cut, surf the internet, and wander aimlessly around shopping malls.

3) I'm carrying my cute, pink, girly phone around. And I'm wearing nail polish and jewelry. Just having a sparkly bracelet on makes me want to make my wrists go limp so I can admire my manicured hand. Plus, the chunky beads makes my wrist and arms look thinner. I feel flirty and fun and feminine.



4) I went to the library and borrowed a bunch of books today. Goodness knows when I'm going to read them. Tuesday thru Thursday are my TV nights (American Idol, House and Grey's Anatomy have prior claim on those evenings), and many other nights I find myself glued to the computer, surfing, checking email or blogging. But just having the books at home makes me want to find the time. I feel like I'm rediscovering the part of myself that loves to read, and that makes me feel good.

5) And last but not least, my jeans are hanging loose on me. That alone is reason enough to feel like a Bongga Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great list!

I'm leaving bloggie land now to watch men in trees and read a book before I go to sleep. Time can be hard to find, but there's always a bit left when you look hard :)

Sophie