Love Thursday: Arrrrr!

One of the kids' favorite pretend plays these days is pirates. I love how they try so hard to be mean ol' pirates, snarling and growling....


.... saying the usual pirate phrases like "Arrrr, matey!" and "I be a scurrrvy pirate!" and "Ahoy there!" and "Walk the plank!"



Love is trying to keep a straight face and hide your smile so your child doesn't realize that he looks adorable, not scary. Love is doing your best to pretend that he's a really fearsome pirate, even though you just want to pinch his cheek and say "You're cuuuute!" (because the pirate would be offended).



For more images of love, click here.

5 comments:

Peppermint said...

3Po = little Cesar! =)

Anonymous said...

I've always claimed that 3Po looks like the young Cesar!

[3Po's Daddy.]

mom2ag said...

Oh cute! Where do you find these costumes? Craigslist?

Anonymous said...

Aaaaarrr - thar be pirates here. A cute bunch of scalliwags if ever I saw one.

auee said...

awesome shots... ang k-cute! Ever since we watched PoC my 3-year old loved pirates. We even have a song now. I have been thinking of getting him a costume but I ended up buying a spiderman one hehe