Happy Birthday to Me!

May 22 is quite a special day -- it's Buy-A-Musical Instrument Day, National Maritime Day, International Day for Biological Diversity. It also happens to be my birthday, and I must say it's shaping up to be a fine day:

1) The sun is shining and the tempeItalicrature is almost perfect.
2) I woke up to my son snuggling in bed beside me.
3) I received three lovely birthday cards from my family.
4) The Pea saved one of her precious shark gummy candies to give to me as a present.
5) Jammy gave me a kiss and told me (unprompted) that he was going to make me a birthday card.
6) There's a mint-chocolate chip ice cream cake in the freezer, waiting to be eaten tonight.
7) I don't feel too guilty about eating it, because we went sailing on Saturday and I ran the Bay to Breakers on Sunday (and had a much better finish time than I thought!)
8) On TV tonight, we've got the Louis Vuitton Cup yacht racing,
9) the season ender of House,
10) and the finals of American idol (ok, if those are 3 of the highlights of our day, then we watch too much tv, but hey we're parents and all we want to do at night is veg out).

I could probably list, uh, 35 reasons why I'm so blessed on my birthday, but you get the picture. Can life get any sweeter?

15 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

I knew I was drawn to your blog for some reason, must be because you are super cool and have May 22 as your birthday! :) Happy birthday! Guess what? It is my birthday too! Yay!

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday!!
Great list! I love number 6!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! :) # is cute!

Anonymous said...

I meant #4 :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

purplegirl said...

nothing beats #2. happy birthday!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope it was a great one :)

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday!

jimborev said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Hope it was great! Are you sure you don't have like, 37 good reasons? :)

Lynn said...

Happy, happy birthday! The best gifts are the intangible ones. :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Hope you had a lovely celebration with people closest to your heart.

Mint-chocolate chip ice cream cake ... I can almost imagine how good a slice of that taste. :)

deedee said...

A belated Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Two days later, but I had to wish you happy birthday! You have a very strong sign, just on the limite!

mom2ag said...

Hey, happy belated birthday! Oooh, I forgot all about the bay to breakers. Tony would be so jealous!