Is this the Last Tango for Paris?

This week's Sunday Scribblings prompt is Second Chances.

I believe in giving people a second chance. But for repeat offenders, when do you say Enough is Enough?

Take this Paris Hilton, sentenced to 45 days in jail for violating her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. Her flimsy excuses aren't holding, yet she has the nerve to appeal. What a great role model for my daughter's generation. Even if she does go to jail, she'll probably spend far less than 45 days in the slammer anyway. And sick as it may seem, this will probably increase her appeal.

Speaking of appeals, what's this petition going around asking fellow celebrity Ahnuld to look the other way? "This petition is to ask Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon Paris Hilton for her mistake. Please allow her to her return to her career and life. Everyone makes mistakes. She didn't hurt or kill anyone, and she has learned her lesson. She is sincere, apologetic, and full of regret for her actions as she explained tearfully to the Judge handling her case in court yesterday. She is distraught and understandably afraid," the petition says.

Sorry, but I say Thumbs Down. No second chance for you, Paris (actually it's more like a third or fourth chance, isn't it?). Do you think any other 26-year-old would be pardoned? I think you and your parents and your publicist and your lawyers should all get 45 days in jail. Your parents, for bringing you up to believe you can get away with anything. Your publicist, for agreeing to take the blame. And your lawyers, for even taking the case.

So, do you think Paris Hilton deserves a second chance?

For more second chances, click here.

9 comments:

awareness said...

I'm with you! A big heaping helping of humility is in order for the whole nasty pack of them.

Great topic for the prompt....love it.

Becca said...

Great post! I completely agree with you!

Crafty Green Poet said...

No she doesn't deserve a second chance!

Regina said...

I think she's getting off easy myself...
And you know what? She is getting a second chance... she is getting a second chance to turn her life around and make something out of herself... but will she take it? I doubt it...
Great post!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of Paris in jail.. especially the bathroom part! : ) How funny..
I think she needs more time in there actuallY!

Great SS by the way!

Neva said...

Are you kidding? I so agree with you....all of them should spend 45 days in the clink. My 26 y/o wouldn't get a FIRST chance much less a second. Maybe she'll learn something from this but I am not holding my breath.

gautami tripathy said...

I endorse this fully. Celebrities think they can get away with anything.

In some cases, there are no second chances.

Anonymous said...

I say off to the pokey with her pronto.
And in addition she could use a dose of hard labor like washing clothes in prison laundry and dishes in the cafeteria.
Great take.
Have missed reading you these last few weeeks I was working on a project.
Frances

meowminx said...

No, she doesnt. I am livid that her sentence has been reduced to half, because of "good behavior"! Gawd, she's the definition of "spoiled brat"!