My Seven Deadly Sins

I've been tagged by Sognatrice for a "7 things about me" meme. I've already done several memes about myself, so doing yet another one might seem self-centered. But I can't resist, because of the delicious spin that Sognatrice put on the meme -- she based her list on the Seven Deadly Sins!

Below is my list of sins. Some of them aren't really sins (at least I think they aren't), but a couple of them are true confessions from my dark side, and I'm not proud of them. So get ready, blogosphere, for I present to you my steamiest confessions ever!

1) Lust -- I think women are hot. They don't actually turn me on sexually, but aesthetically I prefer the female form to the male form. C'mon, think about it -- consider the nude female form, all smooth skin and beautiful curves. Then picture a hairy naked man with all his bits hanging out and jiggling around. Makes me cover my mouth to hide my smile.

2) Gluttony -- I eat my kids' leftover candy - Halloween, birthday party, Easter and Christmas, whatever. And I dare any other mother to say she doesn't. I tell myself it's so they don't rot their teeth. But I could just throw the candy away, couldn't I?

3) Greed -- I take away the hotel soap and shampoo and Kleenex box. And I'd take the bathrobe too, except some hotel guy caught on to that trick and they now charge you for it. I miiiight be guilty of taking more than my fair share of freebies. My husband says, what if everyone at this convention took two pens, where would the exhibitor be? I say, I'm just taking the pen that the guy in front of me didn't take.

4) Sloth -- I have left my kids in the car unattended. I know, I know, it's stupid, reckless and illegal. I chalk it up to bad decision-making by an exhausted mother of newborn twins. I told myself I didn't want to haul their carseats out of the car, snap their carseats into the double stroller, struggle into my daughter's preschool to pick her up, then do the same thing again, when I could jump out and get my daughter in five minutes, with the boys napping peacefully in the car right in front of the door, just ten feet away and out of my sight for only a minute. Don't worry -- I had my revelation when they were about 10 months old, and never did it again, no matter how inconvenient. Nowadays, they'd probably unbuckle themselves and run out after me if I tried to leave them anyway. By the way, can you tell by the length of this paragraph that this is the one I need to "rationalize" the most, i.e. the one I feel most guilty about?

5) Wrath -- I have spanked The Pea. Once. I ended up crying harder than she did. And there have been other times when the kids have aggravated me so much that I have visualized spanking them. At times like that, I take a deep breath, leave the kids with hubby and escape to Target.

6) Envy -- I wish we had more money. I know we're incredibly lucky to live in a great house in this part of the world, to be able to give our kids so many opportunities, to have many of the comforts in life. But I look at people with fancier cars and bigger houses and swankier vacations, and I wish we had more money. Lots more.

7) Pride -- I think my kids are the best ever. The Pea is the prettiest and smartest and most well-behaved girl in her class. 3Po and Jammy are handsome devils whose soccer skills rival that of 5-year-olds. Jammy is the only kid in music class who can keep to the beat of the music. 3Po, at 3 yrs old, can write his name. And it's all because of our superior parenting skills. I'd brag about them a lot more but then the other mommies & daddies might feel bad, so I keep my mouth shut. ;)


OK, that's it. I know, I'm going to rot in hell. But before I do, I have to tag seven other bloggers for this meme. You can do the regular "7 things about me" or Sognatrice's

Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

And here are my 7 people. If you decide to play, please leave a comment here with a link to your meme post.

1) mom2ag
2) Curatrix
3) Glennia
4) Rachel
5) Erica
6) Lynn
7) Meredith

8 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Well you really did play along--some juicy stuff there! And yes, I most definitely prefer the female form artistically--the bits dangling make me giggle too :)

bonggamom said...

BTW everyone, I just wanted to say that #7 was totally a joke. My kids are great, but they can be total monsters as well. Just like everyone else's kid.

And the longer I am a parent, the more I realize that our so-called parenting skills had no influence on sooo many facets of the kids behavior!

So my #7 sin is actually -- I lied about #7!

Curatrix said...

I've done it, bonggamom! Just couldn't keep with the SDS theme - it's early yet in my blogging career. ;)

http://jkeepbreathing.blogspot.com/2007/05/seven-random-things-about-me.html

deedee said...

I like your sins :) I'll let you know when I do my list.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Bongga Mom. This is an interesting meme and a bit challenging. Let me ponder for a while and I'll get back to you when I'm done. Thanks for the tag.

Heart of Rachel said...

I just finished mine and posted it a while ago.

Going back to your list, I also like eating my son's left over halloween treats.

I'm grateful for what I have but sometimes I can't help but wish we had more money I could spend buying the things my heart desires.

I think that every parent has a sense of pride where their children are concerned. I feel the same way with my son.

Thanks for the tag. Hope you can visit my list when you have time. Take care!

Lynn said...

Hi! I just got back and read my emails only now. I'll be doing this meme. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Here's mine - http://mom2ag.blogspot.com/2007/05/7-deadly-sins.html