Go forth and buy, buy, buy


(Nov. 23, Black Friday, 5AM, in stores all over the US): Rrrrrreaaadyyyy...... Seeeet....... Gooooooo!!

(Nov. 23, Black Friday, 5AM, in the Bongga household): Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........


The Friday After Thanksgiving -- the beginning of the Holiday Shopping Season, aka Holiday Buying Frenzy -- is the one day when you can be sure that I am not out shopping. I tried it once, long ago. Even at 11AM, it was still madness. The crowds were unbearable; going with kids would be unthinkable for me.


Now, I'm the biggest cheapskate in the world, and I love a good bargain, but even I don't think it's worth the hassle. Why fight the crowds? Is it really worth lining up at 3AM in order to snag the Early Bird Deals? Are the bargains really that much better anyway? And are there really items so popular that you need to punch and kick everyone else away in order to get one?

I am forced to conclude that this must be a tradition, a ritual that some families enjoy, like going on a jolly good scavenger hunt and having some hot chocolate afterwards. And if you absolutely must go out on Black Friday, here are 10 tips for surviving the day with all your fingers and toes intact. Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

I love the thought behind Black Friday. I love shopping especially if there's a sale.