A Twisted Tale


Talk about karma: after teasing Alfie's mother mercilessly for her antiquated laundry methods (i.e. she dries her clothes on a clothesline), we now find ourselves with a broken dryer and fifty feet of clothesline strung out on the side of the house. I've had to twist it back and forth through the trees so that I have enough space for all of the wash.

What a twist. I, the eternal laundry procrastinator, who likes to leave at least a week, preferrably ten days, between laundry days, now find myself having to do laundry daily. Ugh.

Click here to read more about my laundry sob story on the Silicon Valley Moms Blog.....

And for more twisted stories, click here.

12 comments:

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That really makes a pretty photo!
Know how you miss that dryer, tho :)

Flo said...

You have to be careful what you say because fate is always listening :) Great photo!!

Mine's up over at : Flo's Place

Joy said...

Ugh! I'm sorry for this twist fate has dealt you! I'd hate to have to hang my wash too. I do the laundry everyday already but still the hamper's never empty! Hope your dryer gets fixed soon.
Mine's up: http://tanjuakiohome.blogspot.com/2008/04/photohunt-twister.html

Liza said...

I don't have a clothesline and I'd love to have one, even if it's twisted like yours :)

BeeKeeper said...

Aw! I don't know if that's twisted or just SAD-heartbreaking, really! I hope your dryer is fixed/replaced soon.

http://celtic-sister.squarespace.com/

Janine said...

that one looks so familiar to me.we do the same thing in the philippines..hehehhe

jams o donnell said...

Great shot but we'd miss the tumble dryer n winter! Happy weekend

lynn said...

Sorry to hear about your dryer. Hope you don't have to go too long without it, but it made for a cute twisted entry!

Unknown said...

Great shot and very good choice!

Heart of Rachel said...

We've always done it that way but I could get used to having a dryer. I hope yours will get fixed soon.

Great choice for the theme.

Gattina said...

Poor you, but it looks very romantic to me, lol !

maiylah said...

now that's a very familiar sight! :)
hope your dryer will be fixed soon. :)

happy weekend!