Hair today, gone tomorrow

I swear, this will be my last bad hair-pun blog title. I really will cut it out... er, cut it off..... wait, I've already done that.

And now, for the answers to yesterday's quiz:

1) Which is my original hairstyle? I (that was a bonus question)

2) Which one would I never, ever in a million years, choose? H. Seriously, people, me in H? I'm not El Debarge...

3) Which one is my homage to Katie Holms? F

4) Which one would Alfie never, ever in a million years, choose for me? F. And I was right.

5) Which one should I choose? Most people seemed to go with C or G. I guess my peeps really do know me. Good guessing!

6) Which one will I choose? B, D, E and F were really out of the question because my hair is not straight. I was torn between C and G. (Actually, I was going for Joanna Page's haircut on Gavin and Stacey -- it's short and chic, and doesn't seem like it needs a lot of maintenance). The stylist's opinion was that G would actually require more upkeep because my hair is so thick. It would take a lot of cutting to thin it out to look like G, and I'd need a maintenance trim every 4-6 weeks. Eek! So we went with C.......




We were able to cut off an 11-inch ponytail (minimum to donate to Locks of Love is 10 in.), and the hair left over wasn't too short after all. My hair was longer than I thought!


Obviously, with my wavy hair, the result looks somewhat different from the straight hair in photo C -- but I'm quite happy with the result.


The stylist made maintenance look so easy -- just scrunch some gel and anti-frizz stuff, blowdrying optional. We'll see. The real test will be tomorrow morning, when I jump out of bed at 7:15AM and get ready to take The Pea to school by 8AM.....

8 comments:

Momma to LG said...

Love it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks great and I think the waves make it better than the computer generated image.

Nicole Pelton said...

Great, I love it. Tip from my hairdresser which I may be the only one who didn't know - put product in when hair is completely wet.

Anonymous said...

You look great!

Jessica said...

Such a classy and chic new 'do!

deedee said...

I like the shorter hair :)

Anonymous said...

your shorter hair fits you very well.

Term papersh said...

The stylist's opinion was that G would actually require more upkeep because yuor hair is so thick.