Madeline

She's a fellow blogger. A fellow Silicon Valley Moms group blogger. A fellow mom. But I don't really know her. I don't know Heather. I don't know her husband Mike or her daughter Madeline. But I heard tonight, over Twitter, that Madeline passed away today. And even though I don't know Heather, I ache for her loss. It's every parent's worst nightmare, and it's so unfair that this kind of thing happens at all. Children get sick and die -- how fucked up is that?? As Alfie says, if I were God, I would have left that bit out.

I don't know her and I don't know what to say and I don't even know if it will help her in any way but I went to Heather's website and left her a little note. So did countless other people, many of whom probably don't know her either. But we can all feel a little of her pain, so we're all raging and grieving along with her.

1 comment:

Scary Mommy said...

So, so so fucked up. There is no more eloquent way to say it. :(