Gratitude Challenge: Day 13





One family member I'm really close to is my sister.  After a decade of living far away, I'm now close to her in the literal sense as well -- she and her family moved to San Ramon last year.  We're 18 months apart and grew up fighting like cats. It's kind of hard to see a person's "inner nobility" when you're trying to scratch her eyes out, and even when we were on good terms I never really reflected on the kind of person she is.  But as I've come to know her as an adult and a woman and a mother, I can see that she's one of the kindest, most generous people I know.    I'm so grateful to be her "little sister" (I'm actually 6 inches taller than she is) and grateful that she's so close by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so honored to be in your gratitude blog :) I also give thanks for a sister like you.

Christine

brennaboo said...

Very cool. My little sister is also one of my best friends. Nobody else knows where you come from like your sissy.