Gratitude Challenge, Day 15: I'm the most awesome-est, bestest mutha eva

Gratitude Challenge



This week, I think, is going to be the most challenging one of the Gratitude Challenge. Be Grateful for Who You Are. Focus on yourself, the instructions say. Appreciate and give thanks for your unique personality, skills and talents.




But nice girls don't do that. We're supposed to be humble, not go on about how great we are, let alone blog about it. No wonder girls have problems with self esteem.

Today I'm going so say To Hell with Humility, give a shout out to myself and force you all to watch a video of ME doing something I'm proud of. No, I didn't promote world peace or reform health care or land a six-figure salary. I stayed up on a Shred Sled long enough for Alfie to videotape me. And when you consider that I couldn't even last two seconds the first time I tried it, and that I was too afraid to try, I think it's a pretty darn awesome feat.



Okay, I won't be seeking out any halfpipes anytime soon. But at least my kids can be proud that their old lady ain't no wuss.

Want to try the Shred Sled yourself? Click here to enter my Shred Sled giveaway on Bonggamom Finds!

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." --Buddha

3 comments:

Susan Bearman said...

Pretty impressive.

JavaMom said...

LOL! OMG, I think I would've broken both ankles, right there on camera! And clearly I would've nailed that wooden planter area. I'm very impressed that you didn't wipe out and that you did this on camera! Awesome job Bonggamom! I'm trying to decide if I want to pop over and try to win one, or if that is like signing a death wish...

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

I can guarantee without a doubt that you just did far better than I ever could on that thing! I can feel my hip cracking just thinking about standing on one of those.