Gratitude Challenge: Day 5

This is actually Friday's entry; I'm belatedly posting it today, Monday, because I spent the weekend camping with my family, and laptops were not invited. Fortunately, one does not need a power outlet to write in a journal, and today's challenge involved writing a five-minute entry in our journal about all the wonderful things I already have in my life, as opposed to what I don't possess.

Here's what I wrote in my journal on Friday evening:

WHAT I DO NOT POSSESS:
1) The connection from our camping stove to the tank of stove fuel.
2) A cooler for the salami that needs to be refrigerated after it's opened.
3) Bug spray that doesn't make my daughter break out in hives.
4) A hat for Alfie to wear in our badly-insulated tent to keep his hair-challenged head from freezing at night.

WHAT I DO POSSESS:
1) husband
2) daughter
3) son
4) son
5) Chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers for s'mores, even though we don't have the fuel to roast the marshmallows with.

'Nuff said.

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.--Oprah Winfrey

No comments: