Gratitude Challenge: Day 9

Today's challenge is to enjoy and appreciate the people around you -- which proved to be quite a challenge, because today was 3Po's and Jammy's first day of kindergarten. With my two constant appendages safely tucked away in their classroomsI felt free as a bird and lonesome as a hermit. Awesome!

Of course, in true mom fashion, I actually found myself thinking more about them than ever, worrying about how they would do. I'm not about to underestimate that twin bond, and this is the first time we've really cut the cord between the two of them (yes, they are in separate classes -- watch this video to find out why!), Jammy is such a hardy, independent little soul, but even he might crumble at this first experience of being away from his twin. To say nothing of sensitive, emotional 3Po.

It turns out I had nothing to worry about. They had a great first day and can't wait to go back to school tomorrow. They don't need me so much anymore, which is a good thing, but maybe not Awesome with a Capital A. Good Lord, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm going to miss my boys being with me all the time.

Oh well. The winter break is coming up in four months, and I'll have more than enough time with my kids to appreciate them up close!


“Let's be grateful for those who give us happiness; they are the charming gardeners who make our soul bloom.” -Marcel Proust

No comments: