When Typos go Bad: Find the Connection



Alfie was in Home Depot a couple of weekends ago, searching for a drainpipe for our new dishwasher. He ran into some guy who gave him his business card. Now, Alfie is normally a very outspoken fellow, but for once I really wish Alfie had not bitten his tongue and asked the guy to explain what was written on his business card. I've scratched out all the personal and business information so I don't embarrass the owner publicly, but I have so many questions:

1) Is the guy a multilingual piano teacher as well as a builder?
2) Is he such a gifted piano teacher that he can actually speak the piano's language?
3) Could he have possibly meant Portuguese instead of Piano?
4) Is it just a typo that he didn't bother to correct?

I puzzled and puzzled over it, and I just can't make sense of it. So I've come to the conclusion that he must be some sort of genius. My IQ must be too low to make the connection between the first 3 words and the 4th one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that he's related to Salvador Dali and he really wanted that fourth word to be 'fish'.