The last time I had a bubble bath

When I found out that this week's theme for the Photo Hunt was bubbles, I knew exactly which photo I wanted to use. What shocked me is that I found it in my 2006 folder. Has it really been FOUR YEARS since I last had a bubble bath? And I had to go all the way to Calistoga for that one!

When Alfie and I were dating, we'd have bubble baths all the time. We had large jars of bath salts in several different fragrances and candles all ready to burn around the tub. But it seems to be one of those things that slid down the drain once the kids were born. The kids have had numerous bubble baths, but not me. No wonder I'm still looking for Bongga Mom. She's hidden underneath a layer of dry, scaly dishpan-skin, waiting to be pampered and soaked and slathered with beauty products. Now that the kids are older I need to start taking care of myself more!

This photo was inspired by the Photo Hunt theme of the week. Feel free to leave links to your own Photo Hunt entries below. And for more bubbly things, click here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

cutest take on the theme so far.

Alice Audrey said...

Hey, at least your bubble bath doesn't leak. :)

Still, you need to send the kids off with someone else in the family long enough to indulge at least once in a while.

jams o donnell said...

Ah such luxury. It's a ;ong time since I had a bubble bath. I must change that tonight!

MaR said...

It's a lovely shot for the theme!! very cute. I haven't had a bubble bath in ages!!
Happy weekend, plan the next bath :)


chilled bubbles

Carver said...

What a fun shot. I love it!

Annie said...

What a great photo! Hope you get to take another bubble bath very soon. :)

YTSL said...

A photo that brings a smile to one's face. :)

Groovy Baby Blog said...

Looks like fun!

http://Groovybabyblog.blogspot.com