A taste of summer: berry cocktails


I've never been a big alcohol drinker.  I like to say it makes me the perfect date and perfect party companion, because I don't like expensive drinks and you can always count on me as the designated driver.  It's not that I think alcohol is the devil's work or anything, I'm just not overly fond of the taste of alcohol. I find beer too sour, wine too strong and spirits too bitter, but I occasionally enjoy white wine or dessert wine, and I'll happily down sangria and most fruity cocktail drinks.  This berry cocktail, served at the McDonald's Taste of Summer event I attended last week, was tailor-made for me.





Blue Bayou Cocktail


Ingredients:
2 oz. premium blueberry vodka
4 oz. blueberry and strawberry puree (prepared)
1 oz. honey, lime & thyme simple syrup
2 oz. ginger ale
Ice to fill Collins glass
Sliced strawberry for garnish


Method:
Pour ice into Collins glass and add vodka, puree, simple syrup.
Stir completely, then add splash of ginger ale.
Garnish with strawberry and serve immediately.


Our drink was garnished with a sprig of thyme, which gave it a really interesting (in a good way!) taste.  You can also make it a virgin drink by substituting soda water for the blueberry vodka.



Disclaimer: I attended McDonald's Flavors of Summer event as a guest, with McDonald's providing travel and accomodation. I was not asked to blog about this dish or the event. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

1 comment:

Journey of Life said...

Perfect drink for current perfect weather :-)