Nutty HOWLoween Cookies


It's funny how my blog somehow morphs into a craft and food blog when October rolls around!  There's just something about my favorite holiday that inspires me to create.  Today's Halloween treat is so easy, anyone can do it.  I wanted to make something with the mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups I received from Hershey's, and I thought they would make cute owl eyes.  Most of the owl cookies I see on Pinterest are beautifully frosted, cut-out creations that would intimidate anyone .  This owl cookie recipe is perfect for beginning, busy, or lazy bakers who still have a crafty monster inside who wants to come out!  You can use refrigerated cookie dough or make your own.



Nutty HOWLoween Cookies
1 roll (16.5-oz) slice-and-bake sugar cookie dough
16 raw almonds
32 Reese's Minis pieces

1) Slice the sugar cookie dough into 16 rounds.
2) Lay the cookies on a baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart (they spread!).
3) Form owl "horns" by pinching up the cookie dough in 2 places.
3) Bake the cookies for 12 minutes in a preheated 350-degree oven.
4) Once the cookies are done, press in 2 Reese's Minis pieces for the eyes, and 1 almond (round side up, pointy side down) for the beak.
5) Let the cookies cool for at least 30 minutes (it sounds like a long time, but the heat of the cookies will melt the eyes, and they need time to firm up again).




Disclosure: I received free product from Hershey's.

Pin It

No comments: