12 Must-See Movies for 2016

movie releases 2016

It's a new year, and there are new movies to watch!  I've picked out 12 movies that I absolutely must see (that's one per month!). I think they're all worth the price of movie tickets, and I'll be making every effort to see them within a week or two or coming out. Even if I don't get to see them in theaters, I'll be the first one to sign up once they're available to rent.  Here are the movies (and their release dates) that I most want to see in 2016:

  1. January 29, 2016 - Kung Fu Panda 3 
  2. February 12, 2016 - Deadpool 
  3. March 25, 2016 - Batman v Superman: Pawn of Justice 
  4. May 6, 2016 – Captain America: Civil War 
  5. May 27, 2015 – Alice Through the Looking Glass
  6. May 27, 2015 – X-Men Apocalypse 
  7. July 22, 2016 - Star Trek Beyond
  8. October 7, 2016 - Gambit 
  9. November 23, 2016 - Moana
  10. November 18, 2016 - Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them 
  11. December 16, 2015 – Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 
  12. December 25, 2016 - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiars 
Looking at my list, you can probably tell what kinds of movies I like to watch -- superhero movies, animation, and sci fi fantasy. I like fast-paced action and plot driven blockbusters. I go to movies to escape reality. Oftentimes the more distant the movie universe is from reality, the more I like it -- as long as things make sense in that universe. I like movies where I can let my imagination run wild and think about possibilities even after the movie ends. Happy endings are a must!

What about comedies, dramas, romance, etc?  Yes, I like those too, but I don't feel like I need to watch them on the big screen. Below are 12 more movies that I'm planning to watch -- but not willing to pay $12 (plus popcorn) for. Some of the movies on this list are Must-Sees, but I'm not convinced my experience will be that much improved by watching the movie on the big screen, so I'd rather save the money and pay $6.99 to rent them. Other movies on this list look good, but I won't be devastated if I miss them, so I'm okay with waiting until I can watch them for free on HBO.
  1. Hail, Caesar!
  2. Zoolander 2
  3. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
  4. Allegiant 
  5. Independence Day Resurgence
  6. Point Break
  7. Ghostbusters
  8. Bridget Jones's Baby
  9. The Jungle Book
  10. The BFG 
  11. Doctor Strange
  12. Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie
Finally, here are 12 movies that I will definitely NOT watch in 2016; in fact, you couldn't pay me to watch them!
  1. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
  2. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny 
  3. Pee-Wee's Big Holiday
  4. The Purge 3
  5. Bad Santa 2
  6. Trolls
  7. Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (I don't care how good this movie is, Tom Cruise is in it)
  8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
  9. Amityville: The Awakening
  10. Ouija 2
  11. The Conjuring 2: The Endfield Experiment
What's on your 2016 movie list?



Pin It

No comments: